The Digital Business Kit for Retailers
Retailers will understand how Cloud based services can address issues related to their businesses and help them achieve business goals. [printfriendly]
Data storage is one of the big advantages of a Cloud solution. Storing data online can save your data, reduce load on your local computer memory, make it easy to share data, allow you to access your data from anywhere and more.
Key advantages include:
- Data backup: If your main computer was to crash, was compromised by theft or environmental factors such as fire, flood, etc, what would you do? With a Cloud solution you can go to any device or computer to re-access your data and restore all of your data and platforms to a new computer or hardware system.
- Automate your back ups: What and how often do you “back up?” There are Cloud applications that will automate backing up your data and your entire infrastructure by the hour or day. Loss of an hour or day or week of data can have devastating effects on a small business.
- Legal storage: Depending on your industry laws, region, and data type, there may be laws about the security of the system you store your data in. Not every small business can afford to create storage solutions to provide the required security for data storage. Many Cloud services provide this security as part of their packages so you don’t need to. These legal requirements may be enforced by users, insurers, or partners.
- Data storage in a Cloud platform: Your organisation can choose free or low cost basic storage solutions or more complex enterprise solutions.
- Create file or save existing file choose Save As : > file location Dropbox.
- The file is saved to the Dropbox folder in the user’s computer and the Dropbox automatically uploads the file to the Cloud in the Cloud based Dropbox folder owned by the user.
- The user can now open and/or share the file from anywhere with an internet connection by going to Dropbox.