The Digital Business Kit for Retailers
Retailers will understand how Cloud based services can address issues related to their businesses and help them achieve business goals. [printfriendly]
Sync and share
The ability to synch and share your information is one of the most powerful aspects of doing business in the Cloud.
Key advantages include:
- Access your data everywhere, anywhere, anytime you need it. If you have a document, file or any kind of data you need to access, this functionality ensures it is at your fingertips from any computer or device. For instance, you save your latest document from your office computer to the Cloud service. You access and edit the file using your smart phone and later access the latest version of this document from your home computer. You can re-edit the same document and it is now waiting for you to access from your office, smart phone or device and home computer again.
- The same data discussed above can be shared with others easily. They can log in to the application you choose to view, edit, re-share your data based on the rules you set for the data. For instance, you update a document in a Cloud folder or customer lead in your CRM and your staff as per your settings for the data, are notified. They can access the data anytime, update, edit and re-share. No more missed communication on updates with your team.
- The data is synchronised from every point of access. Any changes you made on any device can update other devices. For instance, update a file from your smartphone and the new version will be waiting on your PC when you login.
(Note: This is a 3rd party video. We do not endorse this product or company.)
Process examples without the Cloud
- You create a document or data, send and email it to others to edit or provide feedback on.
- You also back up a copy to your USB stick and email it to yourself.
- You create some edits but at the same time others are editing the document so you end up with several versions of the document.
- You save or download all of these to the next device you are working on. Now you have different versions on different devices that you use and in the online communication tools, waiting for you to try to manually review and collate. This is all very time consuming and is an error prone way to do this.
Process examples with the Cloud
- You create a document or data set and upload to a Cloud environment.
- You create some edits. These are recorded alongside edits by others. The next time you work on the document, from any device, you receive the edits from others right away. Everything is collated and versions are stored automatically.
- Now you have one working document you can access from anywhere that is storing edits from others automatically.
- All the communications and versions are recorded.