Retailers will identify the online Customer Support strategies that can best suit their business. [printfriendly]
Myths and Facts
2. Online Customer Support platforms are just filled with complaints.
3. I need to always talk to my customers.
- Customer Support can be used to:
- Market to and engage clients ie. Social Media client conversations that demonstrate your companies commitment.
- Complete sale ie. Rich Media site that responds to return clients shopping preferences and stores their “wish” items or uncompleted shopping cart.
- Care for client post sale ie. CRM or help forums.
- Supporting Customer to purchase again ie. follow up eMarketing that provides customer tips and value-add-products.
- While online Customer Support platforms may contain some complaints, this provides opportunity for your company to demonstrate its level of Customer Support. Support forums may also contain valuable Q&A from customers which generates useful marketing content.
- In today’s online environment customers expect answers 24/7. If you have a smaller retail business this may not be realistic. Automated Customer Support services handles after hours customers and may be preferred even during working hours by some customers, saving you both time.