Retailers will understand what Rich Media is and how retailers are using it to sell their products and services. [printfriendly]
Rich Media Plan
For retail businesses, implementing a Rich Media website has become a business decision. The main reason for utilising Rich Media in a retail business’s website is customer engagement, which leads to sales. Rich Media also implements visual merchandising that increases conversions.
Retail businesses must follow a work plan. Whether it is a website for jewelry, clothing, real estate, cars, travel or tourism, implementing Rich Media in a business website is time intensive. Therefore it can be costly and requires detailed planning. For the purpose of this article, consideration is given to building a new Rich Media website.
Complete the Get Started section to determine the Rich Media that is going to be implemented.
- Identify the Rich Media.
- Set goals for project – describe what the benefits of the Rich Media application will be and measurable goals such as number of views and/or hits to site.
- Determine how the goals will be tracked and measured (see Business Intelligence module for methods and tools.)
- Create work plan.
- Execute work plan.
- Measure and adjust, based on performance.
- Website launch, once the test is successful.
Requirements for Rich Media implementation
Rollover provides interactivity within a web page between the visitor and the website. Visitors are able to view other graphics/video or animation when the mouse is placed on top of the rollover button.Rollover Button
eCommerce Catalog Development
Retail websites should encourage using catalogue for product display.
How to ensure success for a Rich Media development project?
The web committee or the project team can ensure success by following a few important steps:
- Keep regular contact with the web developer and maintain communication throughout the development period.
- Provide continuous evaluation and feedback.
- Resolve any potential issues about rich media technology after discussing the correct deliverable requirements.
- Consider available plug-ins or add-ons when straight forward development is time consuming and costly.
- Test interactive web elements on all potential scenarios
- Ensure the web elements meet all the development requirements including launch time.