The Digital Business Kit for Retailers
Retailers will gain an understanding of the different online Security and privacy risks and opportunities to address these. [printfriendly]
Myths & Facts
- “It will be too complicated to protect my company.”
- “I have antivirus software. That’s all I need.”
- “There’s nothing on my computer that a hacker would want.”
- “Only big corporations, not small businesses are targets for hackers.”
- Basic security measures do not have to be complicated or expensive. Start today and advance your plan step by step.
- This is a very common internet myth. Yes, antivirus protection is important and you need it. But just having the software isn’t enough.
- Most of us believe this to be true. But a hacker may want the private data you store on your computer. Or they may want to use your computer to attack others.
- You may wonder why anyone would bother you when all you do on your office computer is create invoices, surf the internet and send email. Hackers are usually looking for easy prey, and your computer is much simpler to break into than that of a large corporate network.